Find out why your Facebook Messenger may not be working on your Android phone and how to fix it with these troubleshooting tips.
- 1 Check your internet connection
- 2 Check if you have the latest version of the app
- 3 Check if you have enough storage space on your device
- 4 Check the app’s permissions
- 5 Check if you’re signed in to the right account
- 6 Check if you’ve been blocked
- 7 Check the app’s settings
- 8 Uninstall and reinstall the app
Check your internet connection
1. Check your internet connection: To use Facebook Messenger, you need a working internet connection.If you’re not able to connect to the internet, try using another app on your device to see if you can connect.
2. Restart your device: If you’re still having trouble, try restarting your device.
3. Update the Facebook Messenger app: Make sure you have the latest version of the Facebook Messenger app installed on your device. To do this, open the Google Play Store > tap Menu > My apps & games > Updates.If there’s an update available for Facebook Messenger, it will start downloading automatically.
4. Uninstall and reinstall the Facebook Messenger app: In some cases, uninstalling and then reinstalling the app can help fix problems with the app. To do this, open the Google Play Store > tap Menu > My apps & games > find Facebook Messenger > tap Uninstall > tap OK when prompted.Once the app has been uninstalled, go back to My apps & games > find Facebook Messenger again and tap Install.
Check if you have the latest version of the app
If you’re having trouble with the Facebook app on your phone or tablet, make sure you have the latest version of the app installed. Here’s how:
-Go to the Google Play Store and search for Facebook.
-Tap Update next to Facebook if an update is available.
-If you don’t see Update, it means you have the latest version of the app.
Check if you have enough storage space on your device
If your Facebook Messenger app is not working on your Android device, the first thing you should check is whether you have enough storage space available. To do this, go to Settings > Storage and see if there is sufficient space available. If not, try clearing some Space by deleting unwanted files and apps.
If that doesn’t work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Sometimes this can help resolve any issues with the app itself.
Still not working? There may be a problem with your internet connection. Try restarting your device and then launching the app again. If that doesn’t work, try connecting to a different Wi-Fi network or using your mobile data instead.
Check the app’s permissions
One reason Facebook Messenger may not be working on your Android phone is that you haven’t given the app permission to access important features. To check the app’s permissions:
1. Go to your phone’s Settings
2. Tap Apps & notifications > App permissions
3. Tap the permission you want to check
4. If it’s turned off, tap the switch to turn it on
Check if you’re signed in to the right account
If you’re not logged in to the account you want to use for Messenger, tap Not on Facebook? Enter your phone number or email, then tap Continue. If prompted, enter your password, tap Continue, then follow the on-screen instructions.
Check if you’ve been blocked
It’s not easy to tell if you’ve been blocked on Facebook Messenger, since there’s no obvious status update. However, there are several ways to check whether someone has blocked you.
Check the app’s settings
If you’re having trouble with Facebook Messenger on your Android phone, there are a few things you can do to try and fix the problem.
First, check the app’s settings to make sure everything is turned on and set up correctly. To do this, open the Facebook Messenger app and tap on the menu icon in the top-right corner. Then, tap on “Settings” and make sure everything is turned on and set up the way you want it.
If that doesn’t fix the problem, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. To do this, go to your Android phone’s settings and tap on “Apps.” Find Facebook Messenger in the list of apps and tap on it. Tap on “Uninstall” and then confirm that you want to uninstall the app.
Once it’s uninstalled, go to the Google Play Store and search for “Facebook Messenger.” Install the app and then try using it again.
If you’re still having trouble, try restarting your Android phone. Sometimes this can fix problems with apps. To restart your phone, hold down the power button until a menu pops up. Tap on “Restart” and then wait for your phone to reboot.
If none of these things work, you may need to contact Facebook or your Android phone’s manufacturer for further help.
Uninstall and reinstall the app
If you’re having trouble with the Facebook for Android app, it’s probably due to a problem with the app itself. To fix the problem, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
If that doesn’t work, try these other troubleshooting tips:
– Check if your phone has enough storage space for the app. To do this, go to Settings > Storage. If you have an SD card, transfer some apps or files to it to free up space on your phone.
– Check if your phone’s software is up to date. To do this, go to Settings > About phone > System updates. If an update is available, follow the instructions on your screen to install it.
– Check if other apps are having similar problems. To do this, try opening another app on your phone (like your email or a game). If that app doesn’t work either, there might be a problem with your phone’s software.