Are you tired of looking at the same old profile picture on your Gmail account? Well, there’s good news! You can now change it! Here’s how:
What Is Gmail?
Gmail is a free email service provided by Google. Users can access Gmail on web browsers and mobile devices. Gmail offers a variety of features, including: a user interface that is simple and easy to use; email storage that can hold millions of messages; and the ability to reply to emails, send new emails, add attachments, and track all of your email activity in one place. If you need to create your own avatar you can go here: 17 Best Free Avatar Creator Sites Online To Create Your Own Avatars
How to change your Gmail profile picture
Your Gmail profile picture is the image that appears in your profile and next to your name when you’re signed in to Gmail. You can change your picture at any time.
- On your computer, open Gmail. In the top right, click Settings See all settings.
- Click the General tab. In the “My Picture” section, click Change picture.
- To add or change your photo: a) To upload a new photo, click Choose File, then search for and select a photo from your computer. When you’re done selecting a photo, click Open. b) To take a new photo with your webcam, click Take Photo, then follow the on-screen prompts to snap and upload a new photo of yourself from your webcam.. If prompted, choose whether you want to crop or resize your photo then click Set as profile picture.
- If you don’t want a profile picture at all, click Remove under “My Picture” and then select Remove picture.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save Changes
How to add a profile picture in Gmail
If you’re using Gmail for work, you may want to add a professional photo to your account. You can easily do this by adding a profile picture in Gmail. Here’s how:
- Log into your Gmail account and click on the settings gear icon in the top right-hand corner.
- From the drop-down menu that appears, select “Settings.”
- On the Settings page, scroll down to the “My Picture” section and click on the “Change picture” link.
- Select whether you want to upload a photo from your computer or take a new one with your webcam. If you choose to upload a photo, select the file from your computer and click on the “Open” button.
- Once your photo is uploaded, you can crop or resize it as desired. When you’re finished, click on the “Apply Changes” button at the bottom of the page.
Your new profile picture will now appear in Gmail next to your name when someone emails you.
How to remove a profile picture in Gmail
If you’ve added a profile picture to your Gmail account and you decide later that you don’t want it there anymore, you can remove it. The process is a little different depending on if you added the picture directly to your Gmail account or if it’s being pulled from another Google service, like Google+.
To remove a profile picture in Gmail:
- Click the cog icon in the top right hand corner of your Gmail page and select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to the “My Picture” section of the settings page. If you don’t see this section, you may have added your profile picture through another Google service and not directly to Gmail.
- To remove a profile picture added directly to Gmail, click the “Remove” link next to where it says “My Picture.”
- If you want to add a new picture, click the “Change Picture” link next to where it says “My Picture.” You can either upload a new photo from your computer or choose one from one of your connected social media accounts.
How to edit your Gmail profile picture
Gmail offers users the ability to change their profile picture, which is the image that appears next to their name when they email you. The process is relatively simple and only takes a few steps.
1. Log in to your Gmail account
2. Click on the profile picture in the top right-hand corner of the screen
3. Select “Edit Profile”
4. Click on the “Profile” tab
5. Scroll down to the “Profile picture” section and click on “Change Photo”
6. Select either “Upload photo” or “Take photo”
7. If you select “Upload photo,” browse your computer for the desired image (make sure it is in .jpg format) and click “Open.” If you select “Take photo,” follow the prompts to take a picture with your webcam or phone’s camera
8. Once you have selected or taken your desired photo, crop it as desired and click “Set as profile picture”
How to troubleshoot changing your Gmail profile picture
If you’re having trouble changing your Gmail profile picture, here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue.
- First, make sure that you’re using a supported browser. Gmail works best in the latest version of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Safari.
- If you’re using an older browser, you may need to update it or use a different browser.
- If you’re using a supported browser and you’re still having trouble, try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies.
- If clearing your cache and cookies doesn’t work, try signing out of your account and then signing back in.
- If you’re still having trouble changing your Gmail profile picture, contact Google support for help.
If you want to change the picture on your Gmail account, there are a few simple steps you can follow. First, head to the Account Settings page and click on the Labels tab. You’ll see a list of all of your label names, along with the images associated with each one. Simply select the new photo you’d like to use and hit Save. From now on, whenever you send a message with that label, your new image will be used instead of the old one.