How do I delete my Instagram account permanently? So you’ve made the decision to delete your Instagram account. Whether you’re sick of scrolling through an endless feed of photos, or you’re simply ready to move on to a different social media platform, we’re here to help you make a clean break.
How to delete your Instagram account
If you’re sure you want to delete your Instagram account, you can do so from the app itself or on the web. Here’s how: From the app:
1. Go to your profile.
2. Tap the menu in the top-right corner.
3. Tap Settings.
4. Scroll down and tap Delete Your Account, then enter your password when prompted.
5. Tap Permanently delete my account > OK.
Why you might want to delete your Instagram account
Maybe you’ve just grown tired of social media. Maybe you’re concerned about privacy, or maybe you’re fed up with the way Instagram censors content. Whatever your reasons, here’s how to delete your Instagram account permanently. To be clear, when you delete your Instagram account, it’s gone forever. That means all your photos, comments, likes and followers will be deleted. So if you only want to take a break from Instagram, consider deactivating your account instead.
How to back up your Instagram data before deleting your account
Before you delete your account, you may want to download a copy of your information (for example: photos, videos, contacts, and messages) from Instagram. To download a copy of your data:
- Log into your Instagram account.
- Go to the bottom of your profile and click Security.
- Click Request Download under the Data section.
- Enter the email address where you want to receive the verified link to your data and click Request Download. You’ll receive an email with a link to download your data. The link will be valid for 48 hours before expiring.
What happens when you delete your Instagram account
When you delete your account, your profile, photos, videos, comments, likes and followers will be permanently removed. If you’d like to take a break from Instagram but aren’t ready to commit to deleting your account, you can temporarily disable your account.
How to reactivate your Instagram account
If you change your mind about deleting your Instagram account, you can reactivate it at any time by logging back in. When you reactivate your account, all of your content will be restored.
How to temporarily disable your Instagram account
If you need a break from Instagram but don’t want to permanently delete your account, you can temporarily disable it. When you do this, your account, profile, photos, videos, comments, likes, and followers will be hidden until you reactivate it by logging back in. To temporarily disable your account
- Go to your profile and tap –Tap Edit Profile > Temporarily disable my account in the bottom.
- Select an option from the dropdown menu next to Why are you disabling your account? and tap Temporarily Disable Account.
- Re-enter your password and tap Temporarily Disable Account.
What to do if you can’t delete your Instagram account
If you’re having trouble deleting your Instagram account, you can try these troubleshooting tips. -First, make sure you’re using the correct username and password. If you’re still having trouble, try resetting your password. -Next, check to see if your account has been temporarily disabled. If so, you’ll need to wait 24 hours before trying to delete your account again. -If you’re still having trouble deleting your account, you can contact Instagram customer support for help.