Confused Turn Off Windows Defender in Windows 10? If you’re like me, you’re probably always looking for ways to optimize your computer’s performance. One way to do this is to turn off windows defender. Here’s a quick and easy guide on how to do it.
How to turn off Windows Defender in Windows 10
When Defender is turned on, it automatically runs in the background, scans files for threats, and blocks programs it considers to be unsafe. You can still use your computer while Defender is running a scan.
If you think Defender has identified a legitimate program as malware, you can report the false positive to Microsoft.
You may want to turn off Windows Defender if you plan to install another virus protection program or if you think Defender is causing problems with your computer. For example, you may get error messages or find that your computer is running slowly.
Before you turn off Windows Defender, make sure that you have another virus protection program installed on your computer.
So, how to turn off windows defender in windows 10 permanently?
- Open Start
- Search for Windows Security, and click app
- Click on Virus & threat protection
- Click the Manage settings option
- Then turn off the Real-time protection and disable Windows Defender temporarily,
How to turn off Windows Defender in Windows 8.1
- Open Windows Defender by swiping in from the right edge of the screen or by pointing to the upper-right corner of the screen, moving the mouse pointer down, and then clicking Search.
- If you’re using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Settings.
- .Click Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Defender.
- In the left pane, click View settings.
- Turn off Real-time protection to disable Windows Defender temporarily.
How to turn off Windows Defender in Windows 7
Windows Defender is a feature of Windows 7 that helps to protect your computer from malware ( malicious software). However, you may want to turn it off if you are using another program that is providing similar protection.
Here are the steps for how to turn off Windows Defender in Windows 7:
- Click on the Start menu and then open Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, select System and Security > Action Center.
- In the Action Center, click on the link for Change User Account Control settings.
- When the User Account Control Settings window appears, move the slider down to Never notify and click OK.
- Now that you have lowered the User Account Control setting, return to Control Panel and select Windows Defender.
- In Windows Defender, select Tools > Options.
- In the Options window, uncheck the box next to Use real-time protection and click Save changes.
How to permanently disable Windows Defender in Windows 10
While you can disable Windows Defender using the Settings app, it’ll only be temporarily as the app will re-enable itself automatically after a short while. If you want to disable it permanently, you’ll need to use Registry Editor or the Local Group Policy Editor.