1and1 Webmail, a free email service from IONOS, lets you access your email accounts from any device with an internet connection. Home computers, laptops, tablets or smartphones – you name it! Plus, manage contacts, organize emails, set up automatic task lists and more.
To get started with 1and1 Webmail, you need to sign up for an IONOS account. That’s your log in info for the webmail service. Once logged in, you can use all of IONOS’ features. Like forwarding messages, creating folders and more. 1and1 Webmail also has a spam filter to keep unwanted emails away. And if you need help, they have customer care options.
Setting Up 1and1 Webmail
Setting up 1and1 webmail? Easy! It’s really useful for managing multiple email accounts. You get access to inboxes and contacts. Plus, you can set up automated message filters, create a personalized email signature, and more.
Let’s get started. How do we set up 1and1 webmail?
Create an Email Account
To begin using 1and1 webmail, one must first make an email account with the email hosting provider. When making a new account, users must provide details such as name, address, phone number, username, and password. They must also select a domain name.
Setting up 1and1 webmail involves these steps:
- Sign in to IONOS by 1and1 (www.ionos.com).
- Select your Email Hosting product and click “Order Now“.
- Choose your domain and enter contact information.
- Enter payment details and click “Continue“.
- Provide contact details such as email address, state/country, name, etc.
- Create a username and password for your 1and1 webmail account.
- On the selection list page, add-ons like mailboxes and storage limits will appear. Configure them before accessing the mailbox at https://webmailer.ionos.com/.
Logging in to 1and1 Webmail
Logging into 1and1 Webmail is easy! Open a web browser and go to the login page. Enter your user name and password. Then, you’ll see your inbox.
Use the navigation menu on the left to access emails, send, receive, reply, and delete messages. You can also use the calendar, tasks list, notes, and address book.
If you need help setting up your webmail account, 1and1 has instructions for setting up email addresses, forwarding emails, auto-responders, and creating email filters. There’s also an extensive Help section for more information about using 1and1 Webmail.
Using 1and1 Webmail
1and1 Webmail is a must for a successful website. You can manage accounts, send/get emails, and customize the look of your website with it. Here’s how to set it up:
- Login to your account.
- Understand the features that it offers.
- Let’s go!
Composing an Email
Log in to your 1and1 IONOS webmail to send an email. You’ll land on the inbox page. At the top, you’ll see options such as “Compose”, “Manage” and “Folders”. Select the cone icon titled “Compose” to open a new message window.
At the top, there are two numbered fields called To: and Cc:(Carbon Copy). Enter the recipient’s address(es) in these fields. If the recipient won’t get a Carbon Copy, leave it blank.
Below these fields is an empty text field. Type out the body of your email here using plain text or HTML. You can also include attachments by selecting “Add attachment” or drag-and-drop them into any part of the email body field.
When done composing the email and making additions, select the Send button at the bottom right corner. Delivery time depends on where you are sending it. If all information is correct, the mail has been sent and will arrive shortly!
The 1and1 webmail makes sending attachments easy! In the Compose window, click the “+” icon. A pop-up drawer appears. It allows you to choose a file from your computer or drag-and-drop one. You can add multiple files at once. Click Send and your message with attachments is on its way.
Remember – attachments must be under 25 MB. Otherwise, messages may bounce back or be blocked. Check our guide for mail size limits when sending messages with attachments from 1and1 webmail.
Deleting emails in your 1and1 Webmail system is simple. To stay organized and keep an eye on incoming mail, it’s a great way to go. Here are the steps to delete an email:
- Log in to 1and1 IONOS homepage.
- Open Mailbox folder. Select mailbox (primary or other).
- Select checkboxes for emails you want to delete.
- Click on “Move” at the top of the page. Then select “Delete“. This will move selected messages to deleted folder.
- Click on “Trash” in left hand menu bar. Click on “Empty Trash“. This will permanently remove all emails in this folder. Can’t be undone without customer service help.
1and1 Webmail is packed with awesome features! It helps you manage emails, contacts, calendars, and more. Plus, two-factor authentication is available to keep your accounts safe.
Let’s explore some of these amazing capabilities:
Setting up Filters
1&1 IONOS Webmail’s powerful filtering feature makes it simple to manage incoming emails. You can assign emails to folders, forward them to another address or delete them with custom rules. Here’s how:
- Visit the 1and1 Webmail login page and log in.
- Click Settings > Filters in the left navigation bar.
- Select criteria such as subject line or sender from the ‘It should contain’ drop-down menu.
- Declare an action from the next drop-down menu, eg. Move To Folder.
- Click ‘Activate Filter’ and ‘Save’ for changes to take effect.
- To create a new filter click ‘Create Filter’. Or to edit/delete an existing filter hover over it and choose an option.
Setting up Auto-responders
An auto-responder is an automated message you can send to someone who emails you. It’s a great way to let them know their message has been received and will be dealt with soon. IONOS Webmail’s auto-responder helps you stay organized. Here’s how to set it up:
- Log in to IONOS Webmail and open the Settings Menu at the top right of your Inbox.
- Click on Auto Responders from the drop down menu.
- To add new Auto Responders, click on Add New Auto Responder.
- Enter the period during which you want the automated response sent out.
- Draft an appropriate message for each time frame and save your settings by clicking Add.
- To edit existing Auto Responders, check the boxes beside their Titles. Then select either Actions > Edit or Actions > Delete from the drop down menu.
- When editing, click on either Save Changes, Delete, or Reset button after making your changes.
- When deleting, confirm the deletion by clicking OK in the confirmation window. Otherwise, save edited fields by clicking OK then Cancel if desired/required purpose is reached without deleting it completely.
Setting up Email Forwarding
Email forwarding is helpful when you want to send messages from your 1&1 Webmail account to another address. It’s especially good for email aliases or for automated responses. Here’s how to do it:
- Log into your 1&1 Webmail. Click “Settings” at the top right of the page.
- Select “Rules” in the navigation bar on the left. You’ll then see “Create a new rule”.
- Name the rule and pick “Forward messages” from the drop-down menu. Two text boxes will appear.
- Enter an address in the Destination box and select emails to forward in the Source box.
- Click “Save changes” and you’re good to go! All emails addressed to this address will be sent to the destination address.
IONOS Webmail is a simple and dependable way to access your email from anywhere. It helps you connect with contacts, store large files safely and more. Get started by signing up for an account and verifying it. Then, learn how to log in correctly and update settings.
When signing up, fill in all the details correctly, pick a secure password and check for any security notices or updates regularly. This will help protect your data from cyber attacks.
Logging in to IONOS Webmail is easy once you’ve signed up. Keep your password private. If two-factor authentication is available (1and1 MailXchange), turn it on before signing in. This adds another layer of security when accessing your account from the internet.
By doing this, you can use IONOS Webmail with peace of mind. If you have more questions, contact IONOS customer service or web hosting providers’ technical support teams.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I access my 1and1 Webmail account?
To access your 1and1 Webmail account, go to the IONOS website and click on the ‘Login’ button. Enter your email address and password to log in to your account.
How do I change my email password in 1and1 Webmail?
To change your email password in 1and1 Webmail, log in to your account and navigate to the ‘Settings’ option. Click on ‘Change Password’, enter your old password, and then type in and confirm your new password. Click ‘Save’ to update your password.
How do I create a new folder in 1and1 Webmail?
To create a new folder in 1and1 Webmail, log in to your account and go to the ‘Folders’ section. Click ‘New Folder’, enter the folder name, and then select the folder location. Click ‘Save’ to create your new folder.
Can I access my 1and1 Webmail account on my mobile device?
Yes, you can access your 1and1 Webmail account on your mobile device through the IONOS Webmail app, which is available for both iOS and Android devices.
How do I set up an autoresponder in 1and1 Webmail?
To set up an autoresponder in 1and1 Webmail, log in to your account and navigate to the ‘Autoresponder’ option. Select ‘Enable Autoresponder’, and then type in your message. Choose the date range for the autoresponder, and click ‘Save’.
How do I delete emails in 1and1 Webmail?
To delete emails in 1and1 Webmail, log in to your account and select the emails you want to delete. Click on the ‘Trash’ icon, or drag and drop the emails into the ‘Trash’ folder. You can then delete the emails permanently or recover them if needed.