So you want to know how to view and delete your Google search history on the laptop or smartphone? Well, there’s good news and bad news. The good news is that it’s actually very easy to do. The bad news is that once you know how, you’ll probably wish you didn’t.
How to view your Google search history
If you want to view your Google search history, you can do so by opening the “My Activity” page. To do this, go to https://myactivity.google.com/. Once you’re signed in, you’ll see a list of your recent activity, organized by date and product.
You can also change the date range to see more or less of your history. To do this, click on the menu icon in the top left corner of the page and select “Date range.” Alternatively, you can use the search bar at the top of the page to find specific items in your history.
To delete items from your Google search history, click on the three dots next to an item and select “Delete.” You can also delete multiple items at once by selecting the boxes next to each item and then clicking on the trashcan icon at the top of the page.
How to delete your Google search history
If you’re logged in to your Google account, then Google knows every search you’ve ever made. That’s a lot of data, and it’s stored on Google’s servers indefinitely. You can see all of it—or you can delete some or all of your search history.
Here’s how to do both:
First, go to Google’s My Activity page. You may be asked to sign in to your Google account if you’re not already logged in.
Once you’re on the My Activity page, you’ll see a list of every search you’ve ever made, as well as every website you’ve ever visited while using Chrome (if Chrome is your default web browser). If you use other Google products like Gmail or YouTube, those searches will also be included here.
To delete all of your activity, click the “Delete activity by” drop-down menu at the top of the page and select “All time.” Then click “Delete” at the bottom of the page.
You can also delete individual items from your activity history by clicking the three dots next to each item and selecting “Remove.”
How to view your Google search history on a laptop
Assuming you’re signed in to your Google account, here’s how to view your Google search history on a laptop:
1. Open the Google Chrome browser on your laptop.
2. In the top-right corner of the browser, click on the hamburger icon (the three stacked lines).
3. From the drop-down menu that appears, select “History.”
4. On the resulting page, you’ll see a list of all of the searches you’ve made while signed in to your Google account (assuming you haven’t deleted them). To view more details about any particular search, simply click on it.
5. If you want to delete any searches from your history, simply click the checkbox next to it and then click the “Remove selected items” button at the top of the page.
How to delete your Google search history on a laptop
If you have a laptop and use Google’s Chrome browser, your search history is probably being recorded. Here’s how to delete it.
1) Type or (copy) “chrome://settings/clearBrowserData” into the Chrome search bar.
2) On the pop-up screen, select “Download History,” “Browsing History,” and any other items you want to clear.
3) Choose the time frame for which you want to clear data. To clear everything, select “All time.”
4) Click “CLEAR DATA.”
How to view your Google search history on a mobile device
To view your Google search history on a mobile device:
1. Open the Google app on your device.
2. In the top left corner of the screen, tap the Menu icon.
3. Tap “Your timeline.”
4. To view a different day, tap the date in the top left corner of the screen. To jump to a specific year, month, and day, tap More > arrow next to the date.
5. Scroll down to explore your past searches.
How to delete your Google search history on a mobile device
You can delete single search history results from the Google app on an iOS or Android device. To delete all history, go to My Activity.
On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google app .
Tap More Delete activity by.
Below “Delete by date,” tap the Down arrow All time.
Tap Delete Delete.
How to stop Google from tracking your search history
If you don’t want Google to save your search history at all, you need to stop it from tracking your searches. You can do this by turning off Web & App Activity tracking in your Google account.
- Open the Google activity page in your web browser
- Click on the three-dot icon in the top-right corner and select “Activity controls”
- Under “Web & App activity,” toggle the switch to “Off”
Doing this will stop Google from tracking any of your activity, including your searches. However, it will also disable several features that use your search histories, such as personalized search results and ads.
How to delete your Google account
If you want to delete your entire Google account, you can do so by following these steps:
1. Go to Google’s “My Account” page.
2. Under the “Personal info & privacy” section, click on “Control your personal information.”
3. Under “Delete your account or services,” click on “Delete your account.”
4. On the next page, click on “Need help?,” which will take you to Google’s support page on how to delete a Google account.
How to opt-out of Google
If you don’t want your searches, browsing history, and other activity saved in your Google Account, you can turn it off.
When you turn off the history for your Google account, it’s deleted from Google servers. Any activity that’s saved in your account will be stopped. You can turn off stored activity that may still show up in other places, like Google Maps.
If you use another service that’s signed in with your account, like YouTube or Gmail, turning off history will pause it for those services too. Turning off stored activity might not stop Chrome from saving information on websites you visit.