What are Instagram photo sizes in pixels, ratio? It’s no secret that Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms out there. And part of what makes it so popular is the ability to share photos and videos with your followers. But did you know that there are different sizes for different types of photos on Instagram? In this blog post, we’ll break down the different sizes for photos and videos on Instagram, so you can make sure your content looks its best!
How to format your photos on Instagram
Previously we also discussed about Instagram Reels video downloader. Instagram is a great platform for sharing photos and videos with your friends and followers. But what’s the best way to format your photos so they look their best on the platform?
Here are a few tips:
- Crop your photos to a square. This is the most common aspect ratio on Instagram, and it’s what will fill up the whole screen when someone is viewing your feed.
- Resize your photos to 1080px by 1080px. This is the largest size that Instagram will allow, and it will make sure your photos look sharp when they’re viewed on a large screen.
- Make sure your photos are in focus. blurry photos can be hard to see, and they won’t look as good as sharp ones.
- Edit your photos for brightness, contrast, and saturation. Just a few simple adjustments can make a big difference in how your photo looks.
The perfect Instagram profile picture size
Choosing the right size for your Instagram profile picture is important for a number of reasons. The right size will ensure that your picture is visible on all devices, from phones to laptops, and will also make sure that your picture is not cropped when someone views it.
The recommended size for an Instagram profile picture is 400 x 400 pixels. This size will ensure that your picture is clear and visible on all devices, and will also make sure that it is not cropped when someone views it.
How to resize your photos for Instagram Stories
As of July 2018, the image size for an Instagram story is 1080px by 1920px, which is an aspect ratio of 9:16. This is slightly different than the aspect ratio for posts at 4:5.
If you try to upload a photo that is taller than it is wide, you’ll be asked to crop it. But you can avoid having to crop your photos by resizing them before you upload them.
In order to resize your photos for Instagram Stories, you’ll need to use a photo editing program like Photoshop, Pint, photo resizer online or Canva.
The best size for an Instagram post
When it comes to posting photos on Instagram, the standard size is still 1080px by 1080px. This square format is ideal for sharing photos, as it can be easily viewed on both desktop and mobile devices.
However, there are a few other sizes that you may want to consider when posting to Instagram. For example, if you want to upload a landscape photo, you can use a size of 1080px by 608px. This will allow the photo to take up the entire width of the screen on desktop, and will still look great on mobile devices.
Finally, if you want to upload a portrait photo, you can use a size of 1080px by 1350px. This will allow the photo to take up the entire width of the screen on desktop, and will still look great on mobile devices.
How to make a carousel on Instagram
A carousel is a group of photos or videos that you can swipe through on Instagram. To create a carousel, simply upload multiple photos or videos at once. When you upload more than one photo or video, you’ll see the carousel icon at the bottom of the post. Tap this icon to add more content to your carousel.
To view a carousel, simply swipe left or right on the post. You can also tap to view each individual photo or video in the carousel.
If you’re looking to create an Instagram carousel with multiple images, we’ve got good news: It’s super easy! Just follow these simple steps:
1.Open the Instagram app and go to your profile page.
2.Tap “Edit Profile” in the top right-hand corner.
3.Scroll down and tap “Create a Carousel” under your website URL (if you don’t have a website URL listed, you can skip this step).
4.Select the photos or videos you want to include in your carousel and tap “next.”
5.You can edit each individual photo or video by tapping “edit.” Once you’re happy with your carousel, tap “share.”
What’s the best size for an Instagram video?
As of July 2015, the best size for an Instagram video is 1080 pixels wide by 1920 pixels tall. This size was introduced when Instagram changed its interface from square photos to landscape and portrait photos.
- Instagram Stories Dimensions: Minimum of 1080 x 608 pixels to a maximum of 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Instagram Reels Dimensions: The best resolution for Instagram reels is 1080 x 1920p
- IGTV Post Dimensions: We recommended size for IGTV videos is 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Instagram Live Video Dimensions: Aspect ratio (9:16)
How to make a slideshow on Instagram
If you’ve got more than one photo that you want to share on Instagram, you can create a slideshow. To make a slideshow on Instagram:
1. Tap the + sign to create a new post.
2. Select multiple photos by tapping on the first photo, then tapping and holding on the subsequent photos you’d like to select.
3. Tap Next in the upper right-hand corner.
4. Select Slideshow from the format options at the bottom of the screen, then tap Next.
5. Edit your slideshow by adding filters, changing the duration of each photo, and reordering your photos as desired. You can also tap on the thumbnail of each photo to edit it individually
6. When you’re finished editing, tap Share in the upper right-hand corner.